What is link building? Link building refers to the process of actively building lots of links creating more connections that would lead back to the pages on your website and can be accomplished through writing and submitting articles. Another example of link building is writing blog posts that links back to the writer’s website. Other examples of link building are forum participation, social bookmarking, directory submissions and press release submissions.
Link building is significant in search engine optimization (SEO) because it creates connections or highways between the webpages and websites which sends some visitors on the way. The reason behind building links is to rank well in search engines and get tons of free traffic to your sites.
Effective Link Building Strategies
- Keeping Yourself Updated- Link builders must be updated with the content industry through subscribing newsletter, articles and etc.
- Creating Excellent Content- Creating informative, interesting and compelling articles, blog posts or newsletters is very important to attract organic links.
- Social Media Utilization- Investing your time in social media presence is very worthy because it provides a great platform to network and connect with other users. Social media includes Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Directory Submission- Website owners must consider directory submission through relevant directory sites because this will generate traffic and good repute and submit your link in tbhe proper category.
- Forums- Forums allow signature links which is considered a rapid method of building up inbound links to a website. Further, traffic can also be generated if the website is relevant to the forum topic.
- Blogging- Writing guest blog post for websites can also generate links back to you.
- Backlink Analysis- This is considered the most and first significant step in every link building process and a powerful method of analyzing a website as well.
- Online Contest- Running an online contest can generate links and promoting the contest can lead to link building.
Link Building Methods
- Link from non-commercial sites- Links from various websites such as .edu and .org are good example of sites for increasing the rankings.
- Avoiding Link Farms- Link farms are the sites which exist to the link to other web sites.
- Relevant Links- Relevant inbound links and outbound links are more important which means that when you get links from other sites that are related to your website, you may rank better.
- Obtaining Links from Media Sites- Media sites are composed of large audiences of people looking for information which could generate traffic to the site.
- Submitting Tips- Posting quality tips on other websites at the bottom of each tip including two lines about the products and services and a link to the website.
- Submitting Reviews- Reviewing different products and services and including a few lines of text about you and a link to your website.
- Publishing Whitepapers- When publishing whitepapers apart from the information about the whitepaper, it also includes references to the products and services with a link to your website. Further, you must also ensure that readers know that they may freely distribute the document.
- Publishing Ebooks- Information that can be found throughout the ebook will include references to the products or services with a link to your website and you need to put a link to your ebook to enable visitors to download it.
Link building is very significant in website promotion and essential part of the off-page search engine optimization. Website owners can do link building for their own site. You can get quality links to your website through link building methods and building tips including doing competitor analysis, utilizing social bookmarking and installing a blog.